Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Graceful Aging

 My birthday included three trips to Union Station in two days, Los Chingones "El Pistol" margaritas and belly laughter...




However, it was Friday in which I was left with an interaction that would intermittantly consume my thoughts over the weekend. As I sat there chatting with my friends, I couldn't help but notice an adorable couple sitting in romantic high back chairs enjoying a glass of wine together, their interactions filled with chemistry. I wondered what their story was, some of their greatest memories and some of their most difficult times. Even without the answers to these questions, I was emotionally involved, anxiously craving a lasting piece of the moment. With the loving encouragement from The Walrus, I reacted to that moment, asking their permission to photograph, "such a beautiful couple". They graciously obliged.


As I walk in year thirty-two, I hope to live a life filled with moments that unintentionally and positively impact someone's life; moments that inspire, moments that create a spontaneous emotional reaction, just as this unknown couple did for me.

Express tank, Goodwill Outlet ($1.50)
Scarf, Mountain Thrift ($2.00)
Necklace, Goodwill ($2.50)
Bracelet, ARC ($2.00)

Love Fire shirt, ARC ($2.50)
Forever 21 skirt, ARC ($5.00)


No comments:

Post a Comment